We are almost two weeks into this whole quarantine life. As much as I’m supper busy with the children, sometimes I just need a few hours for myself and when I get the few hours, I end up wasting a whole hour on anxiety and worry. To calm myself down, I need to keep myself busy by trying new things.
We’re using our last coins on food which is flying off our shelves so fast cause of boredom so we don’t really have money to invest on a paid course right now. This is why I had to search for places where I can learn something new without paying anything. If you’re in the same situation, let’s try this together.
- Microsoft tutorial for beginners – If you want to get your feet into the world of excel, here is the best way to start Microsoft Excel Tutorial for Beginners You’ll need less than 5hours and won’t have to pay a single cent.
- Learn how to sew – If you have a sewing machine, I would recommend you check out Madetosew for weekly sewing classes starting from complete beginner.
- Learn Yoga – This is the best time to try those yoga moves with no pressure at all. Free yoga for beginners class are offered by Yogawithadriene
- Learn how to give a massage. I’ve always wanted to be able to give (if not the best massage) at least a good massage. I’m currently learning some basics and think you might want to join for free via relaxingart massage.
- We have no idea how children deal with life in this digital era because our upbringing wasn’t similar. We had no instagram, TikTok and every ticking thing that’s coming up in this digital error. If you’re the curious one, learn about childhood in the digital age via open.edu
- Macrame – I haven’t tried this yet but it’s on my list. I would like to learn how to make some beautiful macrame patterns from Sasha MACRAMESSAGE
- I have been blogging on and off for more than 6 years now. There’s so much to learn in the blogging world. If you’re a complete beginner, I would recommend a youtube video on how to create a blog via Blogging for beginners
- Gardening – If you have a garden, this is the best time to try planting something because it’s
spring. Find a complete guide to digging & planting your first vegetable garden on Gardening Tutorial
Learn a new language – I’m very slow at learning new languages and any distraction takes my concentration away so what better time to do this than now? You can learn a new language for free on Duolingo
- Can you code? Would you like to try for free? I taught myself the basics of coding when I was pregnant with my first son and was bored at home. You can also learn how to code by visiting Codecademy
- Have you calculated how much you spend on a carpenter, a plumber or an interior designer? Now that we are on a budget and we have some free time, Let’s learn the basics from DIYPROJECTSWITHPETE
- I’ve never been interested in learning how to play an instrument. My husband is very good guitar player. He’s now teaching me how to play a guitar. If you would like some free lessons, AndyGuitar offers some great beginners lessons.
- Learn how to perform CPR via St. John Ambulance. The time to learn this skill is not when your child, partner or parent needs CPR but in your own free time.
- I had to learn how to make fresh French Baguettes with the help of JohnKirkwood. The lesson is free and very easy to follow.
- Do you feel like you have so many things to say that could better our lives? Why not start a podcast? If you start one, leave a link below and I’ll be one of your listeners. Find out how to start a podcast on Podcast tutorial for beginners
- If you’ve thought about getting into accounting, attend the basic accounting for beginners online via Accounting Stuff
- Understand some basic google analytics from Analytics for beginners I had to learn google analytics a bit deeper because of my many side jobs.
- Get some free drawing lessons from Trembling Art
- Did you know that you can make money from home by being a freelance virtual assistant? Depending on how good you are, you can juggle as many clients as you want as long as your work is done to perfection. Learn how to become a freelance virtual assistant with Abbey Ashley
- We are all into music. Have you ever wondered the theory of it at? Learn some basic music theory with Andrew Huang.
Thanks for checking. Feel free to leave your thoughts, add some more tips or ask questions in the comment box. I would love to connect with you on my social media handles below.